Wednesday, June 10, 2009

At long last - another blog entry!


It is hard to believe, but it has been six months since I last wrote to my blog! As one getts older, time seems to go past so quickly.

But I have been busy: painting most mornings, preparing for exhibits, visiting grandchildren - all the important things of life. Plus a few medical problems - relating to my prostate cancer returning after many years of dormancy.

One major task that has occupied a lot of time, is the complete revamp of my website. A critique by Sylvia White of my work and direction, suggested that my website was to complex and technical. she recommended the style of several other artists, which I used as my guide.

In addition, Adobe has discontinued support of their GoLive web design software, encouraging my moving to their Dreamweaver application. So I took the plunge, purchased the new software, and have revamped the whole thing. The rework is largely completed, though I will make some more changes in the near future. Please take a look at my website and let me know your comments and suggestions.

Another big event is that for the month of May 2009, I had a major solo exhibit "Memories of France and Mexico: Recent Paintings by Peter Worsley." It took place in the western side gallery of the large Faulkner Gallery of the downtown Santa Barbara Main Library. It consisted of 18 paintings from my 2006 and 2008 trips to Mexico and France respectively.

Unfortunately, the opening coincided with the begining of a devastating brush fire on the northwestern edge of Santa Barbara. A large section of the community (including ourselves) were forced to evacuate. And the opening reception was canceled. These events, plus the depressed economy, have resulted in no new sales. But I had many exhibit visitors, gathered a few more people for my email mailing list, and obtained some very good publicity.

Coming up I have several more events: in July 2009, I am the "Artist Of The Month" at Gallery 113, in downtown Santa Barbara. And, at the end of August I am participating once again in the Santa Barbara Studio Tour event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated: